
Happy 5th birthday, Rose Pink! Mr. Brown has been walking around saying, I can't believe it's been five whole years. We are so, so amazed by our daughter, how clever and quick she is, how beautiful. A special thank you to grandparents who sent gifts and others who remembered her to make it a very special day for her. Mr. Brown reports that she spent the entire day saying,
This is the best birthday ever!
Her friend Macayla's birthday was in December, and at the party this little girl opened a
mountain of presents. Rose Pink was clearly impressed with the tremendous pile, so I was a little anxious about the
much more modest celebration that we had planned. We bought her a scripture carrier and ironed on some pretty patches, gave her a triple combination, bought a box of three flashy barbie dresses, and rounded up a few dollar gifts: some stickers, a coloring book, some pink M&Ms. She was very happy with our gifts to her, and Mr. Brown says that the day after she was still thanking him for all her nice presents and really enjoying all of them. What a relief. And I'm
so glad that we gave her things she likes.
It's been ten and eleven hour days for the past two weeks for me at work, but my team members insisted that I leave at four on her birthday and
not come back. I have a really great team. And I was grateful not to have to miss celebrating with her.
Nut Brown remembers his last birthday, and was pretty excited about this one. He helped us hang up the birthday banner (the same one we bought for Rose Pink's first birthday) and reminded Rose Pink several times the night before that her birthday was tomorrow. He sang "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs- so darling! And he was very resigned when he realized that he didn't actually get to open any presents. Also he consumed large quantities of pink cake.
Rose Pink asked for kissel (rhubarb strawberry soup) for her birthday as well as the cake. Nut Brown was very excited to have some, shouting, "Kissel pease! Kissel for me! Kissel pease!" He took a big spoonful, and said immediately, "I hate kissel." Yes, vocabulary is growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment