Monday, August 22, 2011
22 August 2011
The kids and I looked forward to the Woodward Dream Cruise all week- we were going to ride our bikes down to 9 Mile in Ferndale and visit Mustang Alley, and then sit out on Woodward and maybe get ice cream and watch the Dream Cruise.
Instead we ended up spending the morning helping friends move out of their house. I'm glad we went because it turned out that we were the only people who did, but I'm still sad about missing the Dream Cruise. There's always next year, right? Except sometimes I feel like there's not always next year and I'd better make sure I get everything in that I can right now.
Last weekend Nut Brown had his long-anticipated 4th birthday party. In the end he decided on a superhero party, so we invited three other little people over (in costume- Nut Brown was Green Lantern) and they colored pictures of superheros, went on a superhero adventure that ended with breaking a pinata, and of course, ate cake and ice cream and played with all the toys that they brought him as gifts.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of photos of the event. Nut Brown felt very special (I think) and is already anticipating his next birthday. Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa, who stayed up late with us the night before to draw scenery and hang balloons for the superhero adventure!! And happy birthday, Nut Brown. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment