Friday, November 2, 2012
2 November 2012
Spencer's been reading Superfudge, by Judy Blume to the kids. They LOVE it. It's been especially fun to watch Nut Brown, because he identifies strongly with Fudge, who has an older brother and a new baby sister that he's not particularly happy about. One of the unexpected fallouts from this book is that Nut Brown announced to us that he knows that his parents are Santa Claus. Oy. As parents, we were willing to play the game but not lie about it, so when he said, 'are you Santa Claus?' we said, 'yes'. I guess I wasn't quite ready for that part of Christmas to be over with yet... It was a surprise and disappointment to Rose Pink as well. So now we have no more magical visitors to our house at Christmas time. I suppose we should make sure he doesn't go around telling his other little friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment