Wednesday, January 30, 2013

29 January 2013

Rose Pink had a birthday and it was a big one!  She turned eight!  Mr. Brown made her an orange chocolate cake with orange custard filling oh yum.

She was anticipating her baptism for weeks ahead of time- since Christmas was over, it was all she could talk about.  I had some adventures in getting it organized because she was baptized with another little girl and also an older lady, and we weren't sure for awhile who exactly was going to be getting baptized on 20 January besides Rose Pink!
We made invitations and invited the ward, and it was such a lovely, lovely event.  My parents also came.  It was very evident from the Spirit that we felt that Heavenly Father was so excited for her to be baptized as well, and that he loves her very much.
Mr. Brown conveyed a beautiful blessing from Heavenly Father when he was confirming her.  It was so special.  She is such a wonderful girl.  I'm reduced to cliches to describe the experience of watching my daughter make covenants with God: it was very sweet, and I was overwhelmed with gratitude.

No comments: