You would think I've learned my lesson about letting my children roam free, but apparently I haven't because I said okay, after we'd discussed what he would do if he fell off and remembered how to watch for cars backing out of driveways. (He's very good at this while walking, so I wasn't too worried.)
So off he went, and I sat on the front porch and worried until he came around the corner and shouted, Mama! Now he asks every day if he can ride around the block and says to me, 'Riding my bike is fun, Mama.' He'll take off and when he comes back around he says, 'one more time?' and I say, 'okay', and off he goes again without even stopping. He learned on his own to restart when he falls off, first from leaning against a car or a fence, and now he can start flat. Sometimes he makes it all the way around without having to stop at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment