Monday, July 1, 2013

1 July 2013

It's amazing what a little motivation will do for kids.  I promised them a batch of cookies each if they would clean the basement before Mr. Brown got home from his meeting on Saturday morning.  The basement was tidied in about half an hour.  Then Saturday night Mr. Brown told them that if they got in and out of the shower in the next twenty minutes, both of them, they could watch an episode of whatever show they're watching now before bed.  And they did, proving that both of them are actually capable of taking a shower in less than ten minutes, something I have always suspected.

As the days have gotten long, the kids stay up later and later, and Rose Pink was sleeping late on Sunday morning.  I have to be at church half an hour early for choir, and I kept thinking she was going to wake up but she didn't.  Finally I went in to wake her and she said, but Papa says that if you're tired you should keep sleeping.  I told her, any other day of the week, I would not be in here having this discussion with you, but it's Sunday and today is the only day we have to be somewhere, so I'm afraid that you have to get up.  I was grateful again that one of the benefits of homeschooling we enjoy is the lack of schedules and deadlines: the day starts when you get up, not with an alarm clock (well, for everyone but me).

No comments: