Sunday, June 30, 2013

30 June 2013

Last Monday Mr. Brown decided to have an evening off and took himself to the cinema.  The kids and I ate popsicles on the front porch (Bobo has already mastered bag pops!) and then Rose Pink and Nut Brown ran off to play in the sprinkler of a neighbor who was watering their sidewalk.  (My rule of thumb is that there's no harm if they stay on the sidewalk.)  Bobo helped me mulch the bed by the driveway, but he eventually wandered down the driveway and watched the sprinkler action.  Rose Pink saw him and came running over to get him and said, 'Oh Bobo, you'll love this!'  Last summer he was not so enthusiastic about drops of cold water falling on him... but this summer he thought it was fantastic, and splashed back and forth up and down the sidewalk and got thoroughly soaked.

I introduced myself to the neighbor, who had let her 3 yr old out to play with my kids, and she commented on how nice it was that my daughter wanted to include the baby in something fun.  It is nice.  It makes my heart happy when my kids are friendly to each other.

I put down some gravel between my beds in back.  It cost me eighteen dollars.  Mr. Brown says that he had no reservations about giving me a budget solely for yard work because he knows how much I enjoy it.  So true.  It's endless - a hobby that never stops giving you something to do.  I find it really satisfying.

No comments: