Friday, June 21, 2013

21 June 2013

Two Saturdays ago,  our day was filled with yardwork.
Bobo helping me mow the lawn
 
Nut Brown helping me mow the lawn (with scissors)
 
Rose Pink also assisted by trimming super long grass with pruning shears.  She said that she was Indiana Jones slashing her way through the jungle.  (I don't think our lawn is THAT bad.)
 
We planted the beds in front.  I got carried away and let the kids get way too many annuals (they picked out a flat each) so the plants are way too close together.  But we had a great time buying them and planting them too.



Then I had to fix my bike (three flats in three weeks, frustrating) and Bobo volunteered to assist. 

He did more than supervise- got his hands dirty as well!
 
Success!  And I haven't had another flat yet!
 
---------------------------

 
Mr. Brown made me steak for dinner too... yum.  And then I got feeling less tired.  Mr. Brown doesn't actually like beef so we don't eat a whole lot of it, or a whole lot of meat in general, so I don't get as much iron as I should and I think that's why I was so tired.  Also Mr. Brown is trying out gluten-free for awhile, and that's messed around with our eating too.  So the steak was nice, and even a bonus because the kids didn't really like theirs so I got to eat theirs the next day.  Double helpings for me.
 
Speaking of iron, Bobo's blood tested low for iron at his one-year checkup, so he had to go back and get it tested again after a month of him getting polyvisol in his applesauce to boost his iron.  It was even lower than it was before, so he had to go to the big hospital and get more blood taken (Mr. Brown says that phlebotomists there were amazing- they double-teamed the baby and had the blood they needed in less than five minutes) for more tests to see why his hemoglobin might be so low.  Updates to follow.

No comments: