We went to Sears to buy a lawn maintenance device and the kids begged to ride the escalators while Mr. Brown was checking out. So Rose Pink and Nut Brown and I headed over to ride them. Nut Brown needed no help at all, but Rose Pink held my hand getting on at the bottom. At the top, she made as if to get on by herself, so I followed Nut Brown on. She lost her nerve and shouted, I can't do it! I can't get on! I looked at her somewhat helplessly as I was moving down away from her but Nut Brown, bless his tender heart, immediately ran back up the escalator to the top and held her hand so she could get on.
(as a bonus, the Krispy Kreme in the mall parking lot had its 'hot donuts' light on when we passed it, so we got free donuts!)
Last night Bobo and I read his favorite book, the phonics book with lots of pictures, on the couch. He would point to the pictures and wait for me to name them. His favorites were the picture of the car (which he would echo by saying, 'ka') and the ball. Then we got off the couch and played with his cars together, which was really fun and silly. He drives them all over the living room floor and talks to himself. He thought it was so fun to have someone play with him.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment