Saturday, June 22, 2013

22 June 2013


You know your kids are growing up when you no longer have to use wet wipes to clean up after ice cream cones.

Our first trip to Jim's for the year.  Nut Brown is confident enough on his bike that we ride all together with the baby in the bike trailer.  Yay for bikes.  Poor baby got no ice cream because we still think he's allergic to dairy.

Following this trip to Jim's, I lost my wallet for two weeks.  When I found it, it was in the bike stroller, where I'd tossed it so I wouldn't lose it on the bike ride up to Jim's.  Ha.  At least it turned up eventually.

Mr. Brown said, how could you lose your wallet? (I often lose track of it, but this is the first time that it actually really was lost and didn't turn up when we looked for it)  I pointed out that I rarely actually use my wallet.  Since I ride my bike to work for most of the year, and Mr. Brown drives whenever we go anywhere together, and 90% of the shopping I do is online (I have the cc info memorized), I don't often actually need it.  I'm not even really sure why I took it with me to Jim's... it's a cash only place and the cash was in my pocket, not in my wallet.  But that's why I couldn't find my wallet: there was no reason to take it with me to Jim's so I didn't remember having it there.

On Sunday, I couldn't find it to drive to church but I was in a hurry so I just left without it.  When I couldn't find it when I got home, I told Mr. Brown, but neither he nor I could find it for all the looking we did.  I was anxious about it -- Mr. Brown was even more anxious about it -- but the cc accounts didn't show any unauthorized shopping happening, so we knew it was lost and not stolen.  I remembered my friend Karen telling me about how she received an answer to a prayer about a relatively trivial matter, and I agonized for a day or two about whether or not the Lord would answer a prayer about my missing wallet - something that's also fairly trivial.  Finally, I decided to pray about it, but didn't find the wallet for another eight days.  However, I did find it, and my prayer was answered in time to save me from the small hassle of cancelling credit cards.  It also gave me something to talk to my Primary class about when we discussed prayer the next day in Sunday School.

No comments: