Random niceness from our house:
Baby keeps getting bigger. He likes to feed himself now. He loves canteloupe, nectarines and oranges, and was mortally offended the other night when I told him that he wouldn't actually care for the carrot sticks that he was sure were some sweet orange-colored fruit. He's totally switched to sippy cups and drinks soy milk and water and the occasional Sonic slush.Speaking of Sonic, they now have as their kid's meal toy SUPERHERO TOTS. We are suddenly eating at Sonic so much more than we normally would. Or at least buying kids' meals there. So far we've collected Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern and some red guy.
Bobo also has produced the word 'car' and I think he said 'book' the other night. But he hasn't repeated it. He loves to go outside or to go in the basement (two places he's not permitted without supervision) and if anyone goes outside without taking him, he throws a royal fit. Sometimes the kids will sneak out the other door just so he won't see them leave and get upset.
He also loves to go for rides in the wagon. He recognizes that this is his chariot and will go stand next to it in the garage and make noise until either you take him away from it or you put him in it.
He's also mastered pointing and grunting for when he wants something, which is really cute right now but will probably not remain cute when he's two. I'm so glad he's one, you know? Really, the older they get, the more fun they are. I'm finally past the point where I've been saying to myself, At this point last year I was miserable; and have begun saying to myself, What a fun little guy he is. Right around his birthday was the worst, because I was miserable - all the heaviness and discomfort of late-stage pregnancy along with unbearable itching. And then for a few weeks after his birth I was so sick and weak. Having acknowledged how much I hated it, I think I'm starting to forget... although it has taken a whole year.
Bobo also LOVES baby einstein movies on youtube. In general we don't approve of television for babies, but it is so much fun to watch with him and see how excited he gets. He claps and dances and makes all kinds of noise because he enjoys it so much. Usually he's only good for the first twenty minutes.
Life is unpredictable with kids in the house. They like to eat their jello through straws and blow bubbles in their milk.
This is the house of our neighbor across the street. One night I looked out the window and said to Mr. Brown, 'That looks like an Italian sports car. Doesn't that look like an Italian sports car?' The license plate says '85LAMBO' and sure enough, that's what it is. I love living in Detroit. You never know when lovely car randomness will pop up.
No comments:
Post a Comment