Nut Brown is a consummate bargainer. Any request from us is deemed as an opening offer, even if it wasn't intended as such. Last night I told him I'd give him a quarter if he'd take these four empty glass jars down to the basement for me, and he said, "A quarter for each jar? That would be a dollar!" I said, very surprised, "No, actually, I meant a quarter for all four of the jars." He replied, "How about a quarter for each jar?" And I had to say very firmly, "No, I'm only offering one quarter for all four jars." and all the while I was thinking, you're lucky I'm offering anything! He was born knowing that you get more if you ask for more, and he always asks for more. Rose Pink is constantly saying, why did Nut Brown get another (fill in the blank)? and the answer is almost always, because he asked for one!
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment