Thursday, September 5, 2013

5 September 2013

Nut Brown is the first these days out of the house to greet me when I come home from work.  He dashes down the steps straight over to me and I pick him up for a hug.  Even though he's six he's easy to to hold because he wraps his arms and legs around me and holds on like the little monkey he is.  Yesterday Mr. Brown came out just after him while we were hugging and Nut Brown said, 'Ha ha, Papa, I get the first kiss!' and then he kissed me on the cheek, and then he kissed me again for good measure.  He is so sweet and affectionate.  His kisses were so soft.

Bobo is also very excited to see me when I get home.  He goes into these mini-paroxysms of joy where he clenches all his muscles and goes rigid and shakes for a second before he holds me tight because he's so excited.  One of my favorite memories was at Nut Brown's birthday party where Bobo brought me a piece of candy and when I started to unwrap it for him, he clenched his fists and shook for joy in anticipation of the treat. 

No comments: