Monday, September 9, 2013

9 September 2013

Rose Pink and I were taking advantage of an absence of boys to play a marble game on the living room floor.  Grandma gave us this game that involves rolling marbles across the floor to try and get points if they come to rest on the board in various holes.  The kids really like it but marbles + baby = not a good idea, so they don't get to play it as much as they like.  I suggested to Rose Pink that we put some masking tape down to mark where we were rolling the marbles from.  She ran to get the tape, and when she came back in, she said, "It's a good thing you don't have to play at my level, Mom.  It's really far back!"  I rose to the challenge and said, "Oh really?  I'm ready to try playing at your level!"  She countered by showing me how far away 'her level' was (about ten feet from the target) and I said, "Well, that would be hard but I'm ready!  Bring it on!"  Rose Pink was pressed into a bit of honesty and replied, "Oh, no.  Nobody's ready to play at my level.  I'm not sure I'm ready to play at my level!"  We put the masking tape down much closer in.

No comments: