We are at the end of "the coldest temperatures in twenty years" this week. Sunday it snowed all day and we shoveled the driveway three times. Monday and Tuesday it was so cold that my work was closed and I was put on leave. It was a lot of fun to be home but Monday we slowly went crazy from being inside all day. The plows finally came down our street Monday night, so Tuesday we finished shoveling the driveway (again) and went shopping in the afternoon. We'd run out of bread and eggs and had been eating pb&j tortillas. The roads were still pretty bad because it was too cold for salt to help melt the snow. Tuesday night Mr. Brown took Nut Brown to his gymnastics lesson, and Rose Pink and Bobo and I went to a kids' program at the library. The librarian said to me, "I'm surprised to see so many people here with the weather this cold." I told her that we were all going nuts from being inside for two days straight. When we came out of the library afterwards, Rose Pink and Bobo ran around playing in the snow (in spite of -30F wind chill) until I couldn't stand it any more and made them get in the car.
We have huge piles of snow at the end of our driveway from all the shoveling, and Michigan is so flat that the kids are using them as 'sledding hills'.
Friday, January 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment