I love reading the scriptures at night with the kids. Nut Brown and I had an in-depth analysis of 2 Nephi 4 in the Book of Mormon the other night that was spiritual and enlightening, and I was so glad to share it with him. Now we've moved on and are working our way through some of the Isaiah chapters. He read about people being like garments that moths eat and immediately envisioned giant killer moths, which really brought the scriptures alive for a moment. I told him that it might be better to read Isaiah with Papa's help, because he is better at explaining it. I think it's because both Mr. Brown and Isaiah love analogies. Some nights Nut Brown asks more questions than others, and last night I was glad it was a low-question night because we read about sons lying in the street and wild bulls in nets and I didn't really have a clue what Isaiah was getting at.
Rose Pink and I are at the very beginning of the book of Alma, reading about the contentions and persecution that stressed the early church organization. It was very instructive - and she and I had a good discussion about how righteousness and obedience can lead to economic prosperity. (not always)
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment