Halloween!!! Rose Pink was Little Red Riding Hood, Nut Brown was a giraffe, Bobo was a ninja, and Rosebud was a pumpkin. Rose Pink came up with Rosebud's costume idea, and we bought a pumpkin shirt and chalked her hair green. Rose Pink came up with her own costume and did all the shopping for it too. Bobo found a black shirt at the thrift store that he really wanted because of the nifty Reebok logo on it, but it was too big. So we bought one that fit and I made a logo out of red cotton and glued it on. With some other embellishments that he designed himself, he was ready and super excited to be a ninja!
The giraffe costume for Nut Brown took the most effort. I thought it turned out pretty well. He made the face himself and helped me glue all the spots on to the yellow clothes. I actually made him legs to carry in his hands so he'd be a four-legged giraffe, but that got old quickly when we were trick or treating!
I was a snowman (Rose Pink made my nose for me!) and Mr. Brown was a caped wolf-man. He's always wanted wolf ears and this was the year that he acquired his own set.
We trunk-or-treated at the church, and then went out in the subdivision next to us on Halloween. It was so fun to be out - Halloween is our favorite holiday because a) costumes!!! and b) community sharing and good feelings!
No comments:
Post a Comment