Thursday, October 5, 2017

5 October 2017

We were invited to a pre-session brunch on Sunday morning at a friend's house, and Rose Pink and I decided to make breakfast casserole muffins - bread, sausage and cheese with beaten eggs and milk poured over it and baked.  She made a batch on Saturday afternoon, by herself.  We ended up eating those for dinner (yum) so I asked Nut Brown to make a second batch for the next morning, and he did.  In spite of greasing the muffin tins very well, it took forever to get them clean.  I spent more time scrubbing the tins than we spent making and baking them muffins!!  And I whined about it big time to Rose Pink, who thought it was a little bit funny that I was complaining so much.  So when the second batch had cooled and I'd wrapped up the muffins and put them in the fridge, I tiptoed into Rose Pink's room and told her that there was NO WAY I was going to wash those two pans tonight.  She whispered back that I had to and I said absolutely not, and I left them to 'soak'.  The next morning I washed one of the two, and then made two more pans of regular muffins also for the brunch.  That evening, Rose Pink told me that as a favor she would wash the muffin pans!  She didn't realize I hadn't washed the last breakfast casserole muffin pan but when I pointed this out to her, she gamely agreed to wash it.  It took her thirty minutes, and probably an equal amount of complaining.  Okay, less complaining than me because she is more awesome.  She and I then agreed that we were never making breakfast casserole muffins again - next time it will be a 9 x 13 pan.

No comments: