Monday, November 13, 2017

13 November 2017

Rosebud has this adorable interrogatory sound that she makes whenever she's interested in hearing more about something, and sometimes as a stand-in for an affirmative.  It sounds something like "ummnnnh?" but it impossible to reproduce with letters.  She makes this noise, for instance, any time someone mentions candy, or walk, or dinner when she's hungry. 


A few nights ago she woke up with a tummy bug and was throwing up in the sink.  Mr. Brown and I were looking at the vomit to see if we could tell if she'd eaten something bad or if it was an illness, and I said, 'What is that?' and he said, "I don't know, maybe dried fruit?" and our sweet sick baby said, "ummnnnh?" because the idea that she might get some dried fruit appealed even in the middle of the night, even right after vomiting.

No comments: