We swam in the pool at the house and in the community pool, played lots of card games, watched the Macy's parade, and went to Downtown Disney together. We had a surprise birthday party for Grandma and Uncle Chris, complete with pinata that Nut Brown made, shaped like a birthday cake. Every night, some of the siblings/spouses would hang out in the hot tub after the kids went to bed, and that was some fun bonding time too. My dad was sick for the last couple days of the reunion, too. Also we got to meet Chris's friend Kelsie, who we liked very much. I guess everybody else got to meet her, because Chris had brought her to our house before. (I really love living closer to my family.)
One night we had everybody up to our house to give them the tour and have marshmallow wars (thanks to Grandma). Grandpa took us out to Golden Corral for dinner. I'm so glad that we got together!
Cousins
(Basically all of us showed up in minivans... the exceptions being my brother who's not married and my brother/sister-in-law who have no kids... I think my dad thought it was funny because he commented on it in their Christmas letter. My uncle Bob hates minivans because he says they took all the romance out of cars... but they're extremely popular because they're so PRACTICAL. We love ours.)


No comments:
Post a Comment