Well, it's official - we're moving to Austin, Texas in two weeks! Right after we arrived in Florida, the Army began standing up a new four star command, and one of my coworkers here has been really interested in this new command. He kept me updated on all the new developments with it, including the competition to decide where it would be located. When he read me the list of ten cities remaining, I knew as soon as I heard him say "Austin, Texas" that the headquarters was going to be there because that was where our family needed to move next. Sure enough, a few months later, Austin was officially chosen, and I started looking for opportunities to apply for jobs there.
When we moved to Florida, Mr. Brown knew that it would only be for a little while. He anticipated 2-3 years. As soon as we got here, I fell in love with Florida and didn't want to think about leaving! I applied in November on a position at this new command, interviewed in mid-December, had a second interview the following week, and was notified that the job offer would be coming right before Christmas. There were some hangups with paperwork, but they called last Thursday and made the final offer, with a start date of 4 March 2019. So we're off!
Fortunately this time they're paying for PCS so we don't have to move ourselves. (Thank goodness.) The timing is very, very quick - we have less than three weeks to get ready to go. At the same time, it feels like a tender mercy not to be lingering once we've decided to go. There are people that we will miss when we leave, but overall we won't miss Florida. It's been very hard on our family, especially Mr. Brown and the kids. We are looking forward to Texas and what it might have in store.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment