He just got his first real haircut, so he's all trim now. He went to nursery and it was a disaster. He lasted ten minutes. I think I'm going to have to get a sub for my Sunday School class for a couple weeks and go with him, and see if that helps him get used to it.
He loves Rose Pink.
He has a wide vocal range, none of which really involves recognizable words, but it's not usually hard to figure out what he's getting at. We've been practicing body parts with him, and I make him say 'up' in order to be picked up, but he doesn't really talk.
He is certain that he can feed himself and will under pressure allow me to assist. He sits on my lap for meals and we get along alright. Right now he loves to do the dishes with me or Mr. Brown, standing on a chair next to us and splashing in the water. He's learned to throw things away in the trash, and to put paper trash in the recycle bin. He also does the laundry with great pleasure - loading the washer, putting in the detergent and starting it, shifting clothes from washer to dryer and starting the dryer. He knows all the steps.
He knows what a sword is for and how to use it. He loves to wrestle.
He doesn't like to be naked. Yesterday I was changing his complete outfit and set him on the floor while I fished new clothes out of the dresser. I thought he'd take off, but when I turned around he was still there, standing in the middle of the floor, anxiously wringing his hands. As soon as he had a shirt on, he did take off.
He sulks when he doesn't get what he wants - if we tell him no, he shrieks and runs off and hides his face against the wall or behind a chair. But he always checks over his shoulder to make sure that we're watching him be sulky. He's also very obedient. If we tell him no, he throws a fit about it, but he usually won't go back to doing it again.
He is such a joy. He makes all of us laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment