Friday, January 2, 2015

2 January 2015

For all you people who sent gifts to my children that read this blog - thank you.  We are working on official thank you cards, but this is a note to let you know how grateful I am for the affection and generosity you gave my children for Christmas.  We have had so much fun with all the creative materials and games that you sent.  The kids had a wonderful Christmas, and your gifts were a big part of it.

On to the new year.

Bobo has been speaking in full sentences for a few weeks now.  I heard the longest one yet - seven words - on Sunday morning: I don't want to go to church.  Also when he says 'airplane', he pronounces it 'ai-pain', which makes me laugh.

We were sick over Christmas- it started with Nut Brown the week before and worked its way around.  I finally caught it the day after Christmas and was the last one laid up.  Happily I think we're mostly better now, although it was the lingering sort that hung around for several days.  Bobo actually put himself in bed several times in the afternoon for naps because he was so tired.  I wish that habit had stuck around after he got feeling better.  We did go back to enforcing earlier bedtimes because people were so tired, and that one has stuck.  So far.  It's nice to have kids in bed by 7:30 again.

No comments: