Rose Pink got an email address and a laptop for her birthday, and she's been venturing into the online world. At the moment she watches a lot of hacks videos on YouTube, and she's been trying them out in real life. Some have worked out but some have been disappointments to her. I'm glad to watch her grow up in a new way, to learn to negotiate what's true and what's exaggerated and who/what she can trust online. Slightly scary for me as a parent, but an important step forward.
Mr. Brown has been very firm about how he feels about heels (it's not good). As part of exploring feminine adulthood, Rose Pink has been very interested in grown-up clothes, and she came out dressed for church the other day in a black sweater, a leopard print miniskirt and high heeled boots. She looked great! The boots had four-inch heels, so she was basically as tall as I was. She looked like she was very excited about how mature she felt.
Off we went to church. We get settled in the pew and I look over and find that she's taken off her boots, so I lean over and say, "Put your shoes back on! If you take your shoes off then your brothers will have theirs off too!" She slid them back on. After church, we came home and she took them off and said, "I'm never wearing heels again! They make my feet hurt SO much!" I think she threw the boots away. Mission accomplished. Sometimes you learn by doing!
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment