Rosebud loves to sing! She learns the lyrics to the songs that I sing to her at night, and joins in. She also learns the lyrics to songs that she hears on the radio or from the computer, and she sings those too. She surprised Mr. Brown the other day by busting out The Smiths' "Stop me, oh oh oh stop me!" Lately she's also been repeating, "and a happy new year!" from We Wish You A Merry Christmas. She loves to sing 'I'm A Little Teapot' and will do the last line "tip me over and POUR ME OUT" all by herself. Another new favorite is 'knees and toes' repeated ad infinitum, from Head Shoulders Knees and Toes.
When I'm singing to her at night, I will sing a song for several nights, and then after a week or two suddenly she'll join in with me and sing all the words. It's amazing to listen to her and realize the extent of her interest and her memory.
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment