School starts tomorrow. We spent a good chunk of today making sure everything is in order for tomorrow - desks set up, computers logged on to wifi, kids connected with their online classes, notebooks and pencils available, and so on and so on. Bobo is excited. Nut Brown is really anxious. Rose Pink is excited. Mr. Brown is really nervous. I'm ready for the anticipation to be over and to get the actual change from homeschooling to public school underway, so we can get through that as well and adapt to the new way of life we've chosen.
Mr. Brown has reframed our choice from "restrictive" to "a framework that we can grow against" which I think will help us adjust.
Tonight everyone went to bed at 9 pm (after our last family movie night - sad! We watched Abominable). I was totally wound up, really really anxious. I told Mr. Brown that this was way worse than Christmas Eve. He was helping me calm down as we were laying in bed in the dark, and then the phone rang (at about 9:20 pm). The school district is cancelling the first two days of high school due to technical difficulties. We are off to a great start!
No comments:
Post a Comment