Sunday, August 9, 2020

9 August 2020

 The other day I was riding in the backseat of the minivan with Bobo, and he started telling me all about the fabulous hotel that he was going to build (this is an ongoing story that has origins in the apartment buildings behind our house) and how it was going to have the perfect spaces in it for each member of the family.  He likes stories like this and we always enjoy discussing what sorts of things each person would like to have.  He always discusses my space first and he always includes lots of plants, which I think he has figured out is a surefire way to get my attention - start talking about plants.  Anyway, he had moved on from my space and was talking about how the lobby would have an endless slush machine that could give you every flavor, and an endless potato chip machine, but NOT an endless candy machine.  "No?" I said.  "Why not?" and he looked at me and said in all seriousness, "Because I don't want to lose all my teeth."

No comments: