Friday, August 7, 2020

7 August 2020

 Today I got off work and went downstairs and discovered a plan to make kolaches for dinner.  The girls and I went to HEB, where Rosebud got to push her own tiny shopping cart around the store.  Then Rose Pink insisted that she was going to make the kolaches by herself (which she did) and we watched Kung Fu Panda together as a family (Rosebud's choice for the week) and then we ate mango pops for dessert on the trampoline.  The kids did dinner chores while Rosebud and I watered various growing things and picked tomatoes.  I helped Nut Brown finish the dishes and then we went for a walk in the dark as a family all together and the whole evening was very lovely.  My family is pretty dang awesome.

Rosebud is really growing up this summer.  Her body's changed from being a large toddler to being a kid.  She doesn't like for me to pick her up on my hip any more, and she doesn't like to sit on my lap or hold my hand quite as much as she used to.  I am proud of her growing up but I do miss her little-ness dreadfully. 

No comments: