Nut Brown celebrated his birthday on the first day of school. (Happy birthday, you get to go to school)
For his birthday this year, he wanted to eat a lot of meat, and he wanted to eat as much birthday cake as he wanted without me telling him he had to stop. So we made brisket and Mr. Brown made him a cheesecake, and I didn't say anything about how much of it he ate.
He did share some with the rest of us but enjoyed most of it himself. This was all the weekend before his birthday.
On his actual birthday, we had homemade pizza and a chocolate raspberry poke cake. We are going out of town this weekend, so after Nut Brown blew out the candles, Mr. Brown handed us all forks and said, "Eat as much as you want because we are not keeping this over the weekend." (which is in keeping with Nut Brown's birthday theme of eating without restraint) Nut Brown said he's always wanted to have his face pushed into a cake, and he kept bending over as if to lick the whipped topping over the cake. I said, "Do that again and I might just push your face into it!" and he did it again, so I did.
He was very pleased with the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment