Sunday, May 12, 2024

12 May 2024

 Mother's Day!  Because I don't like breakfast in bed, Mr. Brown and Rose Pink made me breakfast for dinner, which I also love.  They even bought brioche for french toast, which was super delicious!

Rosebud produced multiple expressions of her affection from the multiple channels that elementary-school-age children in which she participates.  She was very proud to have so many items to give me to show me how much she loves me.  My two favorites were this picture of her and me:


and this "poem":
I love you mom you are always nice and kind to me. 
It is always fun to snuggle with you and go to the museum with you. 
You are always doing things that are best for me.  
Thank You so much mom! Oh, Thank you so very much!  
When you get mad you do not hate me. 
When you take things away it is for my own good rather than making 
Me get rid things because you are mad! 
You are nice to me. You always buy me birthday presents! 
You help me with all the things I need help with and all my problems. 
Buy me Perler beads and let me use them. 
You do this for all siblings too! 
You work so you can do all these things. 
You work so we can get treats and toys. 
I am very you get me books and presents. 
You tuck me in bed. 
You read me a book or magazine. 
You give me a hug or kiss or both 

---------------------------------

Rose Pink corralled all the kids and filled out this questionnaire for me. 

1. What is your favorite memory with Mom this year?

Rosebud: Talent show auditions

Bobo: Disneyland! (we haven't ever been to Disneyland)

Nut Brown: Driving? It would be even less pleasant without her.

Rose Pink: Her laughing at my antics with Bobo at dinner


2. What is your favorite thing Mama does every day?

Rosebud: Tucking me in, hugging me, telling me she loves me

Bobo: Asking me how my day went.

Nut Brown: Enforcing routine, dinner chores, Saturday chores, etc.

Rose Pink: Being patient with the neurodivergence in the house


3. What are you most grateful that mama does?

Rosebud: WORK! Give me hugs. Tuck me in.  Give me ice cream.

Bobo: Tuck me in. Pay for treats.

Nut Brown: Dragging me out of my comfort zone.

Rose Pink: Pay the mortgage so we can have a house without butt hug bugs inside


4. What is something that you would miss about mom if she suddenly disappeared?

Rosebud: Tucking me in

Bobo: Laughing at my dumb jokes

Nut Brown: Not having to worry about money.

Rose Pink: The reassurance her presence provides.


5. What makes Mama smile?

Rosebud: When I thank her

Bobo: When we're smiling

Nut Brown: when me and Bobo sing in unison (Hamilton, Dr. Horrible, Queen)

Rose Pink: When papa tells jokes


6. What makes Mama laugh?

Rosebud: Papa's jokes

Bobo: ME!

Nut Brown: The most random jokes.  A good cheek-clapper can be a knee-slapper.

Rose Pink: Our successes


7. What is mama's favourite food?

Rosebud: Eggs...? Or Rhubarb cake!

Bobo: Flowers. Beeboppareeboppa Rhubarb Pie!

Nut Brown: Steak, medium rare

Rose Pink: Whatever she's currently eating I think? Stroganoff


8. What is Mama's favourite way to spend a Saturday?

Bobo: Sleeping or reading.

Rosebud: HUGGING. Or reading. Or reading and snuggling.

Nut Brown: Busy doing productive things.

Rose Pink: With plants, out in nature.


9. How can you make Mama feel loved?

Rosebud: Telling her [that I love her], and give her hugs for more than ten minutes a day.

Bobo: Telling her dumb jokes

Nut Brown: Expressing more gratitude.  Gratitude is the path to happiness.

Rose Pink: Doing chores for her, giving her hugs. Taking care of each other.


Rosebud: I'm glad she gave me my name

Bobo: Otherwise you'd be Geeeeeorrrrrrrge

Rosebud: deep sigh and I wouldn't like that.

No comments: