Nut Brown is learning to drive. He and I have practiced a great deal in parking lots, and have graduated to driving on roads. He is getting used to it, and is less alarmed at driving thirty miles an hour than he used to be. This past week he drove to seminary several times, and also to the library and the grocery store and the drug store. I like driving with him - he is a funny guy and I like hanging out with him!
Driving to seminary involves going a mile or two down a winding country road with no shoulders down into a valley and back out. He managed it successfully a couple times at 6 am, and when driving over to bro night along the same route at 6 pm on Friday evening, he was passed by several cars in a row going the opposite direction. It was alarming for a new driver, and he exclaimed, "Who is shooting these cars out of a cannon at me?"
Last week he said, "I'm not a good driver yet, but I can finally see myself getting good at this." Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment